Hi. My esteemed colleague Kathryn told me that when I moved to my new job, I would have to start a blog to share my experiences. So I am. So blame her…..
Actually, I thought long and hard about it, because I wondered what on earth I could say that others might find interesting. Anyone who knows me knows that I’m not short of something to say, but interesting to others??? Hmmm.
But then I thought about
- all the years of experience I have in systems librarianship (by another name)
- my excitement about the state of the profession and libraries in Australia at present
- my passion for all things to do with resource sharing
- my serious interest in the models used by libraries to manage IT
- some of the frustrations I have and
- the perspective I bring to all that from having grown up in the Australian outback, and I thought just maybe I might be able to contribute.
So here I am! Hopefully this blog will improve as I get more familiar with the tools, and I aim to keep posting regularly. I’ll also be changing the designs to reflect me and share with you my love of the bush, as soon as I can figure out how!
So hi again, and lets share.